We, THE REFERRERS (part of Klixtek Inc.), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We operate on the principle that your personal information belongs to you and only you can decide who you want to share it with and why. This is fundamental to the way we work and we are committed to providing a secure environment for you to store your personal information and share it with others when you want to.
You may withdraw such consent at any time by letting us know at https://thereferrers.ph/contact-us/. Your withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out by us prior to such withdrawal.
Scope of this policy
This policy only applies to data gathered on this Website and does not apply to any other information or website. It is our policy to comply with Republic Act 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, as well as subsequent issuances of the National Privacy Commission (NPC) of the Philippines.
This Policy explains:
- what information we may collect about you;
- what we may do with the information we collect about you;
- whether we share your information with anyone else;
- why we collect such information;
- how we keep your information secure; and
- your rights in relation to your information.
Our Website may contain links to other sites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
We also do not control the data use practices of either (a) employers or others who may access your information on this site, or (b) third party Ad Networks and other third parties with whom we work. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and opt-out choices of those third parties so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information we collect and/or process
The following are the information we may collect and/or process about you when you visit our Website: personal data and contact information (e.g. name, address, email, phone number), demographic information (e.g. date of birth, age, gender, location), payment information (e.g. credit card, expiration date, billing address); behavioral information, and indirect information. Sometimes we process the combinations of all these types of information.
Personal data refers to personal information, privileged information and sensitive personal information as defined in the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Personal information. This refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, that directly ascertains the identity of an individual. This includes your address and contact information.
- Sensitive personal information. This includes your age, date of birth, marital status, social security and other government identification numbers, policy information, health/medical and financial information.
- Privileged Information. This pertains to any and all forms of information which, under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws, constitute privileged communication.
We may also collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including through online and electronic interactions with us, including applications on third party social networking sites (e.g. Facebook) with whom you have given consent for the disclosure of information relating to you and where otherwise lawfully permitted; offline interactions with us, including via direct marketing campaigns, hard copy registration cards; and the like. Such information may include your personal contact information and any personal information that is part of your profile on a third-party social network (e.g. Facebook) and that you allow that third party social network to share with us (e.g. name, email address, gender, birthday, city, profile picture, user ID, friend list).
Purpose of data collection
We will use the information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to provide timely, reliable and value-added services to our clients/customers;
- to establish a customer relationship and to communicate with you;
- to process any transactions that you enter into with us and respond to any inquiries you may have;
- to provide, develop, implement and manage services for you;
- to manage and promote our services;
- to meet requirements imposed by law; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
Disclosure of information
The information we gather on the Website may be shared within any of our affiliated and/or client companies in order to deliver and provide our service of providing an online platform for hiring companies and the referrers community. In particular:
- We disclose your resume to hiring companies who have posted job postings on our Website that may be of interest to you or anyone within the Referrers community;
- We may share your information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf (e.g. web hosting servers; processing credit card payments; and providing customer service, marketing assistance, data analysis; and the like);
- We may disclose such information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- to protect our rights, property or safety, including that of the Website and/or our users.
Keeping information safe and secure
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you use our Website. All information you provide to us is stored on servers owned and operated by Kirigami Design Company. More information on this provider available at https://kirigami.co/.
We will make all reasonable arrangements to ensure that personal data in our possession or under our control are protected against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Here are your rights
We think it is important that you are able to control your personal data. As provided under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, you have the following rights in connection with the processing of your personal data: right to be informed, right to object, right to access, right to rectification, right to erase or block, right to damages, and right to file a complaint.
- Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed whether your personal data is being, or have been processed.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, including processing for direct marketing, automated processing or profiling. You may also opt not to receive any marketing information from us.
- Right to access. You have the right to reasonable access, upon written request, the contents of your personal data that were processed and the manner by which these were processed; the sources from which these were obtained; the recipients and reasons for disclosure, if any; information on automated processes where your information will be made as the sole basis for any decision that may significantly affect you; and date when personal data concerning you were last accessed and modified.
- Right to rectify erroneous data. You have the right to rectify any error in your personal data and if warranted, request immediate rectification, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable..
- Right to erase or block. Based on reasonable grounds, you have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from our database, without prejudice to us continuing to process personal data for commercial, operational, legal and regulatory purposes. This right may be exercised upon discovery and substantial proof of any of the following: (a) personal data is incomplete, outdated, false, or unlawfully obtained; (b) personal data is being used for purpose not authorized by you; (c) personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected; (d) you withdraw your consent or objects to the processing, and there is no other legal ground or overriding legitimate interest for us to process such data; (e) personal data concerns private information that is prejudicial to you, unless justified by freedom of speech, of expression, or of the press or otherwise authorized; (f) the data processing is unlawful; or (g) your rights have been violated.
- Right to secure data portability. Where personal data is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, you have the right to obtain from us a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows your further use.
- Right to be indemnified for damages. You shall be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, considering any violation of your rights and freedoms as data subject.
- Right to file a complaint. If you wish to complain about the processing of your personal information then please contact us first, but if we do not satisfactorily deal with your complaint, then you may contact and raise your privacy concerns to the National Privacy Commission through their website at https://www.privacy.gov.ph.
If you want to stop using the Website, you may do so. If you do, you may also want to remove any cookies that we have placed on any device used to access the Website.
Change of control
If the ownership of our business changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner so they can continue to operate the Website. The new owner will be obliged to comply with this Policy.
Changes to our policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Where it makes sense because the changes are material, we will notify you of the changes by e-mail or in another appropriate manner such as when you next interact with the Website.
Contacting us is easy and we want to hear from you
We really do welcome any questions, comments and requests you may have regarding this Policy. You can contact us at https://thereferrers.ph/contact-us/.
This policy shall be effective as of 08 October 2018.